These are good. Filling is extra fluffy and delicious. It is not a sugary filling. The pies are extra chocolate-ty and soft. Wrap them individually in a baggie and freeze for later or eat all of them now.
- WHOOPIE PIES:.
- Mix the Crisco, sugar, and egg till fluffy.
- Slowly add the milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the flour, cocoa, soda, and salt.
- Beat well.
- Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 7-10 minutes.
- Using a jar for a shaker combine the milk, flour, and salt; shake well.
- Put this into a saucepan and cook slowly over medium heat till very thick and smooth, and then cool.
- In a electric mixer put the Crisco, sugar, and vanilla and beat about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooled paste and beat it for about 5 more minutes till very light and fluffy.
- I turn the mixer to high and beat it quite a while; it is worth it.
- Fill the pies and put into a baggie.