1/3 Photos of Whoopie Pies -- Another One!
2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe contains no raw egg, no shortening or oil, it's all butter baby. I have tried another zaar recipe for whoopie pies, but I like this one. It is from Cook's Country.com. Don’t be tempted to bake all the cakes on one baking sheet; the batter needs room to spread in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened but still cool
- 1 large egg, toom temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1For the cakes:
- 2Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- 4With electric mixer on medium speed, beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in egg until incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary, then beat in vanilla.
- 5Reduce speed to low and beat in one-third of flour mixture, then half of buttermilk. Repeat with half of remaining flour mixture, then remaining buttermilk, and finally remaining flour mixture. Using rubber spatula, give batter final stir.
- 6Using 1/3-cup measure, scoop 6 mounds of batter onto each baking sheet, spacing mounds about 3 inches apart.
- 7Bake until cakes spring back when pressed, 15 to 18 minutes, switching and rotating pans halfway through baking.
- 8Cool completely on baking sheets, at least 1 hour.
- 9For the filling:
- 10With electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 11Beat in vanilla and salt. Beat in Fluff until incorporated, about 2 minutes. Refrigerate filling until slightly firm, about 30 minutes. (Bowl can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 2 days.)
- 12Dollop 1/3 cup filling on center of flat side of 6 cakes. Top with flat side of remaining 6 cakes and gently press until filling spreads to edge of cake.
- 13Whoopie pies can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whoopie Pies -- Another One!
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1082.0
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.4 mg
- Sodium 600.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 106.8 g
- Protein 9.3 g