Recipe by Janet W
My kids love these whoopie pies and always goes quick in my house. This is great also for bake sales they are always the 1st to go !!
Top Review by JillianB84
Wow these are fantastic! My friends loved them and everyone couldn't get enough of them. Keep posting more fantastic recipes you have the BEST recipes so far there JanetW! Keep it going! all i have to say is WOW
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 drops vanilla
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together shortenig, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add with milk to creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inces apart.
- Gently spread and flatten a little.
- Bake@ 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool.
- Put together with the filling.
- For Filling: Beat together until fluffy.
- If too thick add a few drops of milk.