Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
My kids love these whoopie pies and always goes quick in my house. This is great also for bake sales they are always the 1st to go !!
- Cream together shortenig, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add with milk to creamed mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inces apart.
- Gently spread and flatten a little.
- Bake@ 400 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool.
- Put together with the filling.
- For Filling: Beat together until fluffy.
- If too thick add a few drops of milk.
Wow these are fantastic! My friends loved them and everyone couldn't get enough of them. Keep posting more fantastic recipes you have the BEST recipes so far there JanetW! Keep it going! all i have to say is WOW
The cookie part is very good but way too much shortening in the frosting. I added more marshmallow creme and powdered sugar to cover the shortening flavor. I would only use about 1/3 cup or less of the shortening. But overall, this was a good recipe. These are very good frozen also.
My girls and I got into a bit of a baking spree one day and decided to make these as well. They turned out looking like what I expected, but not exactly tasting like what I expected. They didn't taste bad, I think I just expected them to be a little more rich and indulgent. (My oldest didn't really care for them.) The only thing I really didn't care for was the taste of the filling. I could sort of taste the shortening. I was using Crisco sticks, and it could be that the measurement markings weren't quite accurate, although the consistency of the filling seemed appropriate. I will probably make them again for the kiddos, but not for myself.