Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a great treat that my husband has loved since he was a kid.
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- 6 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cocoa, hot water and 1/2 cup shortening in a large mixing bowl.
- Allow to cool.
- While that is cooling in another bowl mix sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add contents of second bowl to first bowl.
- Mix well.
- Set aside and mix flour, powder, milk, soda and salt in another bowl.
- Mix contents of third bowl into first bowl mixing well.
- Drop by teaspoonfulls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool completly.
- While cookies are cooling go ahead and make the filling.
- Mix 3/4 cup shortening, powdered sugar, marshmallow fluff and milk.
- Then beat with an electric beater untill light and fluffy.
- When the cookies have cooled fix the whoopie pie by sandwiching the filling between two cookies like an Oreo.
You forgot to put the amount of powdered sugar in the filling.