Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
One of the things I love about my job is that people will share all sorts of recipes with me. This one came from a woman who was a volunteer at The Fisher House. They looked delicious so I asked her for the recipe. They are easy to make and they taste delicious! Enjoy!
- 6 tablespoons Crisco or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup Crisco
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Cream crisco and sugar add egg and beat.
- Then add milk and vanilla.
- add remaining ingredients
- Batter should be thick- drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for approximately 12 minutes.
- after cool use spatula to remove.
- beat all of the ingredients together.
- Spread filling onto one of the cakes then place another cake on top.
I had lost my Whoopie Pie recipe so I tried this one. Delicious! The only change I would make is to bake the cookies lessâ€”just until a toothpick comes out clean.