Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe has been in my family for years. It is an easier recipe than traditional whoopie pies but a very delicious variation. If batter is making flat cakes add 1-3 T. flour to result in a less sticky and raised cake.
- In a small sauce pan, make a thick paste with the flour and milk. Let cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix according to instructions except add only 3/4 cup water. Drop by heaping teaspoons on a greased cookie sheet. Bake 7 - 9 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar and shortening until fluffy (takes several minutes). Add vanilla. Add cooled flour mixture and beat till doubled.
- Make sandwiches with the little cakes and cream.