Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
2 WW. points per cookie
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3⁄4 cup marshmallow cream
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl.
- Beat sugar,shortening and egg white in medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy,about 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour mixture,then milk,until just blended.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheetes making 36 cookies.
- Bake at 425 degrees,until top springs back when lightly touched,5-7 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheets placed on wire racks.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons marshmallow spread on bottom half of cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies.
- Store in airtight container up to 3 days.
Just a helpful note: In baking, sugar is considered a "wet" ingredient. I would keep that in mind when recipes state "mix all dry ingredients"--do not add the sugar. Hope that helps someone:)
I have waited to review these because I am sort of torn on how many stars. I had some problems following the recipe because in step 1, when it says to mix all the dry, I mixed in the sugar. And then it says to add the sugar to the shortening. So I added an additional 1/4 cup sugar to the shortening. Even with that extra sugar, we still found them not quite sweet enough. Right out of the oven they are not so great. BUT, freeze them and eat them frozen and they are lovely. I put some (frozen) into lunchboxes which worked great. You definitely have to make them small and I only got about 32. So sort of a 3.5 from me. Thanks for posting!
I made these and they really didn`t taste very good. Maybe I should follow directions better I guess.