Recipe by internetnut
I found this recipe in Good Housekeeping. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
Top Review by spotty129
wonderful, I put all in the crockpot, 6-8 hours on low (cut all fat off) I didn't precook sauce or ribs, GREAT . made it again just like said except I didn't have smoke, then I put on the BBQ. awsome ty
- 18 beef back ribs (not short ribs)
- 2 cups bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon natural liquid smoke flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in large saucepot of water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 45 minutes.
- While ribs are cooking, in large saucepan, combine all marinade ingredients plus 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 325. Drain ribs and arrange in 1 layer in large roasting pan. Pour 2 cups marinade over ribs, brushing it on to cover both sides. Bake 40-60 minutes, until ribs are tender. Serve with remaining marinade on the side and lots of napkins.