1/2 Photos of Whoopee Twice Chicken Veggie Soup With Rice
1 hr 20 mins
Created for rsc '05 this incorporated our favorites of the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or more)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (or more)
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1Mix ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, sage, parsley and add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2Shape into 20 small balls, set aside.
- 3In a stockpot heat oil.
- 4Add onions, celery and carrot, sauté for 5 minutes until softened.
- 5Add brown rice and stir to cover with oil.
- 6Add chicken stock, parsley, dill, sage and bring to a boil.
- 7Add meatballs, and after soup returns to a boil lower to simmer.
- 8Partially cover, cook for 40 minutes.
- 9Add zucchini, cook for 10 minutes more, uncovered.
- 10Add peas and spinach, cook for 5 minutes.
- 11Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whoopee Twice Chicken Veggie Soup With Rice
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.8
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 665.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 29.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves