Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be adjusted to tastes & heat levels by the amount of jalapenos used and whether or not you keep the seeds... or heck, try chipotles....or habaneros...;) You could even sub pepperjack! This was swiped & adjusted from one of the recipes that landed in my inbox.
- 113.39 g jar chopped pimiento
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts, drained & diced
- 354.88 ml mayonnaise, real
- 198.44 g can diced green chilies
- 6-8 fresh jalapenos, to taste, remove seeds if desired, chopped finely
- 113.39 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 177.44 ml romano cheese, grated, divided (or similar)
- Spray 1 1/2 qt casserole dish with oil.
- Mix pimiento, artichokes, mayonnaise, green chilies, jalapenos, Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup grated cheese. Spoon into a shallow 1 ½ quart casserole. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4c shredded cheese. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers or baguette bread slices.
This was a big hit! I went with 6 jalapenos, since I had some pretty hot ones on hand. The creamy cheese and mayo helped temper it, but still zippy is a great description :) I used reduced fat mayo and Parmesan cheese in place of the Romano. So tasty! Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 51