Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a healthy granola bar filled with yummy, great tasting ingredients. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 3⁄4 cups oats
- 1⁄4 cup bob's red mill wheat bran or 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil or 2 teaspoons any vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey, use a good quality
- 3 -4 drops sweetleaf stevia, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Spray again and set aside.
- Place the oats, wheat bran, walnuts and sunflower seeds on a cooking sheet. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Then set aside.
- Place the honey in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Just to loosen up a little. . In a medium mixing bowl, add the honey, oil and vanilla along with the salt and SweetLeaf.
- Add the toasted dry ingredients and mix gently to combine. Add in the dried cranberries.
- Pour into baking pan and with wax paper, press the mixture to make sure you level out and covers the pan.
- Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes. You will see the top will be lightly browned. Try not to over bake.
- Place on a cooling rack. Let cool down at least 1 hour. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Great! Easy to make and very tasty. I omitted the stevia because this amount of honey is already plenty sweet for me. For the bran I used rice bran to be gluten free (no gf oat bran here), and for the oil I used coconut oil. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2014
These were amazing. I made them on Sunday and we all had them for breakfast and snacks today. They were gone so fast! Thanks for a great recipe.