Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Aother recipe to try in my search for the perfect veggie burger.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, coarsley chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 6 teaspoons canola oil
- Place bulgur in a bowl; stir in water.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain and squeeze dry if needed.
- Place carrot and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until carrot is chopped.
- Add red pepper and onion; cover and pulse until red pepper is chopped.
- Add beans; cover and process until mixture is chunky.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oats, walnuts, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cornmeal, bulgur, and carrot mixture.
- Stir until the mixture is firm ( mixture will be sticky).
- Shape into 12 patties. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook 4 patties in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining oil and patties.