Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Concocted with what I had in the fridge today. Healthy, filling, and IMO very tasty.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup peas (frozen)
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into small pieces
- 1 shiitake mushroom, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup grated parsnip
- 1 sprig mint, finely chopped
- 5 string beans, sliced into 1 . 5cm chunks
- 4 broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- sea salt
- 1 glass red wine
- Steam string beans with brocolli.
- Bring peas to the boil.
- Whilst peas, beans & brocolli are cooking:.
- Saute onion until soft, in olive oil,.
- add shiitake and shredded carrot & parsnip to onion.
- Saute until all ingredients are soft.
- For the dressing:.
- 1 tbsp dijon musturd.
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup sesame oil.
- 3 tbsp soy sauce.
- & finely chopped mint .
- When all the vegetables are cooked:.
- Mix rice thoroughly with the dressing.
- Add peas and stir.
- Add onions, mushroom, parsley & carrot mixture - and stir.
- Serve in two bowls topped with the string beans & brocolli.
- Pour a large glass of red wine & enjoy.