Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a delicious, light and airy bread. The pecans give flavor, but because they are chopped so fine, you don't realize they're there. My son has a tendency to prefer the airy store bought bread, but he loves this one.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup regular oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (fast acting kind)
- Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order listed.
- Set for the regular cycle and the crust setting of your choice (I use light for my machine).
- Press start.
- Remove from pan when finished.
- Cool before slicing.
Great bread! Just sweet enough. We've been eating it for breakfast - qiuck and nutritious!
Very pleased with this bread. I have only had my bread machine for a short while and trying to find recipes that we all like. This is one of them!