Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These peanut butter cookies are made with whole wheat flour and honey and are very chewy!
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml honey
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 295.73 ml whole wheat flour (all-purpose may be substituted)
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29-177.44 ml chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- 118.29-177.44 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar, honey, egg, vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients and then blend into creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Spoon 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly brown; do not overbake.
- Cool slightly; remove and place on rack to cool.
Everyone loved these cookies from my almost 2 year old to my 50+ year old dad! Easy to make, better for us than most cookie recipes, and wonderfully chewy! I think we have a new favorite cookie in our family! Thanks a lot!
Loved the flavor of these with the honey! I used clover honey and replaced the sugar with brown sugar Spenda blend. Delicious! I also didn't added the nuts or chips. Made for Bargain Basement tag.