Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I got this recipe from the local newspaper a few years back and make them with chocolate chips!!!
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cover rasins with water and bring to a boil; allow to soften and drain.
- Cream shortening and sugars; add eggs.
- Stir in rest of ingredients, folding in cereal with a spoon.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet; 350 deg.
- for 12 min.
These are certainly quick to whip up, my second tray is still in the oven !! I was heavy handed with the vanilla and also added some cinnamon. Yummy result, that's for sure ! Next time I am going to try them with dried apricots.
I made these the other day and they are great, I added cranberries to half of the batch and they were great too. My husband loves them. thanks for the recipe. S.C.