Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Using wholemeal pasta increases the nutrient and fibre content of this dish. It has a coarser texture which sits well with this dish. White or gluten free pasta may also be used.
- 250 g whole wheat spaghetti
- 125 ml skim milk
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon hummus
- 85 g Baby Spinach
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, shredded
- Cook pasta in a pan (with salt if desired) until al dente. Drain well.
- warm the milk in a pan. Make a slurry of the corn flour with 2 tbsp water and add this to the milk with the houmous. Bring to boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add vegetables and lemon zest to the sauce. toss through the pasta.
- serve topped with the cheese and basil.