1/1 Photo of Wholemeal Fruit Yoghurt Scones
This is an Edmonds Cookbook recipe (New Zealand woman's cooking bible) that I have modified slightly. You can use any type of fruit yoghurt, although stuff with a lot of pips wouldn't be good. Please note that these will not rise as high as regular scones (probably due to the yoghurt & wholemeal flour).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Turn the oven on to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 2Line an oven tray with baking paper (or lightly dust with flour).
- 3Put the flour, baking soda & baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- 4Rub the butter through until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs (I use my cake mixer on a low speed cos I am lazy).
- 5Gently stir through the yoghurt until the mixture is combined. If the dough seems too firm, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the dough is soft.
- 6Lightly press the scone dough out into a square (approx 1 inch high), then cut into 12 equal pieces.
- 7Separate & put onto prepared oven tray. Bake in the middle of the oven at 220 degrees C for 10 mins or until golden.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wholemeal Fruit Yoghurt Scones
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.4
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 223.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.9 g