Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A healthy and tasty muffin that is great for a light meal or snack.
- 3⁄4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup muesli
- 2 apples, peeled and grated
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius. Lightly grease a 12 x 1/2 cup capacity muffin pan, or use muffin cases.
- Mix together the coconut, sugar, flour, nuts, muesli, apple and berries in a large bowl.
- Combine banana, egg and milk in a jug, and mix together. Add to the dry ingredients, and combine using a large spoon.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan. And bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.