Prep 35 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a remarkable and good home-made pizza from Sanjeev Kapoor, the famous Indian chef. Enjoy!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran flour
- 3 tablespoons soya flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, concasse
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, freshly ground
- 6 -8 basil leaves
- 4 fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large onion, cut into roundels
- 1 cup corn niblets, boiled
- 2 -3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 50 g cottage cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 small green capsicum, roundels
- 1 small red bell pepper, roundels
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, roundels
- Put both the flour and wheat bran in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Dissolve sugar and salt in a little water.
- In another small bowl, dissolve yeast in a little warm water.
- Add the 2 wet mixtures to the dry flour-bran mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Dab a few drops of oil on the dough, cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 45 minutes to ferment in a warm place.
- Apply some more olive oil and knead the dough to remove excess air.
- Keep covered for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
- To prepare pizza sauce, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add onion, garlic, tomato concasse and saute for a few minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree, salt and black pepper.
- Fold in fresh oregano and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add dried oregano mix and remove from heat.
- Dust table top with a little flour.
- Roll out a portion of the dough on the table top to form a thin roundel of approximately 8 inch diameter.
- Grease a baking tray with little oil.
- Place pizza base on it and prick with a fork.
- Spread some pizza sauce over it.
- Add fresh basil after tearing with hands.
- Place onion roundels, corn niblets, sun dried tomatoes, panner cubes(cottage cheese cubes) and grated Mozzarella cheese on the base.
- Add the toppings on the cheese again.
- Top with three coloured bell pepper, olives and some more Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200°C.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve hot.