Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Tasty egg sandwiches for lunch
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- 2 tablespoons thick natural reduced fat yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- enough rocket, to put on sandwiches
- Mix the mashed eggs with the next 4 ingredients.
- Spread on 4 slices of bread, top with rocket then the other four slices of bread.
- Cut into halves for serving.
I was drawn to this recipe initially because it contains some of my favorite ingredients - namely, rocket, cardamom, eggs, and cumin. I couldn't imagine these ingredients in combination, but truly expected to enjoy this more. I am very sorry - the flavor combination of the 3 spices didn't work for me in this,and I also found it to be very dry. I would add much more yoghurt (and perhaps either some creme fraiche or mayonnaise as well) to make it more moist. This also needed quite a bit of salt.