Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so moist and delicious. They're a great way to use up old bananas.
- 200 g plain whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 55 g raisins
- 55 g butter, melted
- 55 g light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 ml milk
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed with a little
- lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Prepare the muffin tray with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and raisins in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, egg and milk. Pour this over the dry ingredients and fold together. Don't overmix.
- Gently fold in the mashed bananas. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and cook for around 20 minutes.
I have made these muffins today and while they are moist in the middle they have not come away from the paper muffin cases. I am now left with a batch of Muffin tops!! This recipe needs to be adjusted to state it is not suitable with paper cases.
This recipe was a total disaster for me... Twice! Followed recipe to the T, used a muffin tray and the mixture just wouldn't bake. Top half crisp, bottom runny. Made second batch and placed on a baking tray. Same problem but worse as the mixture ran out of the muffin cases. A real disappointment.
easy peasy recipe, handles it well if you don't read recipes properly. (I added milk last...). I substituted raisins for chocolate chips. (hey, they needed using up!). Will definitely use this one again. Thanks!