Recipe by Kitzy
These are so moist and delicious. They're a great way to use up old bananas.
Top Review by jblair104
I have made these muffins today and while they are moist in the middle they have not come away from the paper muffin cases. I am now left with a batch of Muffin tops!! This recipe needs to be adjusted to state it is not suitable with paper cases.
- 200 g plain whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 55 g raisins
- 55 g butter, melted
- 55 g light brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 200 ml milk
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed with a little
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Prepare the muffin tray with paper cases.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and raisins in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, egg and milk. Pour this over the dry ingredients and fold together. Don't overmix.
- Gently fold in the mashed bananas. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and cook for around 20 minutes.