Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from Carnation, low in both sugar & fat, great for those watching their waistlines.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled & grated
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Sift dry ingredients into a bowl, add remaining ingredients & combine well.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface & knead until smooth.
- Pat dough out & cut into rounds using a 6cm scone cutter.
- Place scones on an oven tray and bake at 200.C for 12-15 mins or until cooked.
Wow, these scones are super yummy! They are very quick and easy to put together and have a great taste. The cinnamon, apple and raisins go really well together and make for a lightly sweet and fruity scone. The texture is rather dense due to the wholemeal flour, but I liked it that way. I thought I had made a mistake when copying the recipe for there is no fat in it at all, but it worked out beautifully as written. I didnt have dried milk, so I just subbed 1/2 cup milk for the powder plus water, which was just fine. Thanks so much for sharing this winner of a recipe with us, Mandy! I will surely make it often again! Made and reviewed for Newest Zaar Tag May 09.