Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great low-fat recipe that can be modified using canola oil instead of butter/margarine to make it dairy free also.
- 2 cups wholemeal self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Equal sugar substitute
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 apple (granny smith or royal gala, cored, peeled and coarsely grated)
- 60 g low-fat butter, melted, cooled
- 3 egg whites, lightly whisked
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- Preheat oven to 180°C Line a 12 hole, 80ml (1/3 cup) capacity muffin pan with paper muffin cases or spray with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl mix flour, cinnamon and Splenda until combined.
- Combine banana, apple, spread, egg whites and apple juice in a bowl. Add to dry ingredients. Use a metal spoon to fold together until just combined (don't over mix).
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Stand for 2 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.