Recipe by mickeydownunder
I am always inspired on the internet by what I see, hear and read, TRUE! This makes for a VERY healthy tasty appetizer that is GREAT for entertaining too! NOTE: Amounts listed are approximate; adjust the recipe to suit how many or how few you would like to make too! I used and recommend Barilla Wholegrain pasta; has 3 times more fiber of regular pasta, healthy and tastes GREAT! I use tamari to reduce the salt content; a lot healthier too
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 8 ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 spring onions, asian style sliced
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cucumbers into 1 to 1 1/2 inch pieces.
- With sharp knife, cut circular hole into the cucumber.
- NOTE: Do not go all the way through the cucumber.
- Scoop out the pulp with a melon baller.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water for 7 minutes; drain.
- In small bowl, combine sesame oil, tamari, rice wine vinegar and slice spring onions; combine well.
- Fill cups with mixture and top with extra spring onions. (optional).