You won't believe it's an all whole wheat quick bread! Lower in sugar (honey) that most recipes, this zucchini bread is fabulous. Low fat seekers can sub 1 cup of applesauce for oil. I have not made the carrot bread variety. From Whole Foods for the Whole Family.
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini or 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup oil or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey or 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Beat together oil and honey, then add eggs, vanilla and zucchini.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to zucchini mixture.
- Add nuts last.
- Bake in a greased 9" loaf pan at 350F for 45 to 60 minutes.