Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Great Recipe. Got it from a website called the Hip Hostess.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium bowl, sift together first 5 ingredients (flour through cinnamon). Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla. Beat well with an electric mixer. Stir in zucchini. Add flour mixture in batches and stir until just combined (do not over mix).
- 3. Spray 1 regular size loaf pans or 2 mini loaf pans with nonstick spray (bottom and sides). Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 50 minutes for 2 mini loafs or 55-65 minutes for 1 loaf. Cool slightly, run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the bread from the sides, and remove from pan. Cool on wire rack or seal in plastic wrap to lock in moisture.