Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Modified Zucchini Bread recipe by mielhollinger to reduce sugar and oil to better support a diabetic and heart healthy diet. Just as tasty (almost).
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute (to equal 1 egg)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup oil replacement (prune puree)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the egg replacer, sweetener, fat replacer, vinegar, and vanilla, and mix.
- Stir in the zucchini, raisins, and nuts and mix together gently until just mixed.
- Add a little milk if the dough seems too dry.
- Spoon the batter into a lightly oiled loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Test with a knife to see if done.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.