Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The mixture of Yoghurt and Honey is delightful. Of all my bread recipes, this is the family favorite. Note: some folks think the rolls are a little sweet, some have suggested cutting the honey back by half.
- Mix milk, yoghurt, honey and butter in a small mixing bowl, heat in microwave 1 minute. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, shape dough into 18 equal rolls.
- Place in lightly greased pans. I like to use pie pans instead of a baking sheet.
- Cover rolls with a damp cloth and let rise about 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size. When using whole wheat flour, I like to set the pans on an electric heating pad set on medium.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
I thought these were good. However, my DH and mom thought they were excellent. I used 2 cups wheat, 1 cup regular flour, and increased the yeast to 2 tsp. Otherwise made as stated. I got 14 rolls. Thanks!
I amped up the healthfulness by omitting the white flour all together and adding some flax seed meal and vital wheat gluten. Only used 3 tablespoons of honey and separated them into 12 rolls instead of 18. Rose like a dream and tasted even better. Phenomenal recipe. Thanks for sharing.
These were great! I got 16 rolls. I put 8 in a pan before they rose and froze them. I took them out today and let them thaw and rise on the counter. They were just as good as the first unfrozen batch. Thanks!