Recipe by BakinBaby
The mixture of Yoghurt and Honey is delightful. Of all my bread recipes, this is the family favorite. Note: some folks think the rolls are a little sweet, some have suggested cutting the honey back by half.
Top Review by Jadelabyrinth
I thought these were good. However, my DH and mom thought they were excellent. I used 2 cups wheat, 1 cup regular flour, and increased the yeast to 2 tsp. Otherwise made as stated. I got 14 rolls. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup honey (1/8 c.for less sweet roll)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix milk, yoghurt, honey and butter in a small mixing bowl, heat in microwave 1 minute. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, shape dough into 18 equal rolls.
- Place in lightly greased pans. I like to use pie pans instead of a baking sheet.
- Cover rolls with a damp cloth and let rise about 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size. When using whole wheat flour, I like to set the pans on an electric heating pad set on medium.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush tops with melted butter.