1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat Yeast Waffles
2 hrs 10 mins
Dienia B.'s Note:
Very old recipe used cake yeast in original. There was no sugar in the original recipe but I like it better with vanilla and sugar. it raises like crazy put in big bowl. its very light and fluffy and doesnt hold well ,so serve immediately You can make this and refrigerate overnight which is probably how they did it. Let it rise once or twice, stirring down each time before putting in refrigerator is what it says. Put the eggs in the next day. Take out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you start to get batter fluffy again. It says serve with applesauce or crushed berries. It is awesome with real maple syrup. The batter sticks on the waffle iron so butter or Pam the iron.they do NOT make good pancakes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Proof the yeast in warm milk, water, and honey.
- 2Add butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- 3Add wheat flour, wheat bran, and salt.
- 4Let rise 2 hours or until doubled in bulk; stir down each time it doubles in bulk.
- 5Just before putting in waffle iron, beat in egg yolks; fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. spray the heck out of your waffle iron with pam these puppies stick.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Yeast Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.7
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 264.4 mg
- Sodium 1172.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 20.1 g