Recipe by Chocolate Truffle B&B
Lactose Free and Low Fat recipe that is a favorite with guests. We serve it with fresh fruit, sausage, and pure Vermont maple syrup. Very tasty - sweet because of the applesause, and crunchy because of the walnuts. Doesn't really need syrup at all!
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose white flour
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked farina (Cream of Wheat Cereal)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup cinammon applesauce
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop walnuts and set aside.
- Combine flours,farina cereal, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt in medium bowl and fluff to mix.
- In sepatate small bowl, combine soy milk, applesauce and egg. Blend well.
- Combine both wet and dry together. Let sit 5 minutes while griddle preheats.
- Mix briefly just before using. Drop batter by 1/4 cup onto hot griddle.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Flip when bubbles rise to surface. Cook until done.
- Serve warm or let cool and freeze airtight. Reheat in toaster oven. Makes 12 pancakes.