Prep 5 mins
Cook 11 mins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon featherweight baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 teaspoon of mortin salt substitute
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Peheat waffle griddle.Combine all ingredients,except olive oil sray, in bowl and mix together until smooth.
- Spray waffle griddle lightly, add about a cup and 1/2 of the badder to griddle then close. on medium heat.
Wow! Enjoyed this simple recipe to the max - crunchy crispy off the iron -real food!
Added a cup of small curd cottage cheese - this gives your waffles a creamy moist texture/flavor!
Added a TBSP of Cinnamon too (helps with flavor and slows down the sugar spike)
Used Stevia as sweetner (Splenda is poison - gave me severe head pains after extended use)
Used real maple syrup with some peaches and whipped cream - awesome!
I'm happy I tried this recipe. The waffles were very good. Even dh liked them, it fits perfectly in the low-salt, low-sugar, & low-cholestrol diet. Instead of 1/2 tsp. baking powder, I used 1 tsp. (mine was old), 1% milk instead of 2% milk (I didn't have 2%), egg subsitute for the large egg, and a dash of cinnamon. Next time, I'll be sure to have these with berries & sugar/fat-free whipped topping.