Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
A very healthy waffle that stays moist. We freeze the leftovers in sandwich baggies and re-heat in the microwave for weekday meals!
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat germ, toasted
- 1 cup oat bran, toasted
- 1 cup dry buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- First, toast the wheat germ and the oat bran by spreading them out onto a large sheet pan with at least one inch sides. Bake in a hot oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes until brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Store the mix in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
- Yield: 8-1/2 cups mix (about 4 batches).
- Waffle Recipe:
- 2 cups waffle mix.
- 2 eggs.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 tablespoon mayonaise (the secret ingredient).
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place waffle mix in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, water, oil and honey.
- Stir the egg mixture into the waffle mix just until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Yield: 4 waffles per batch.