Recipe by Miryam MS, RD
I just made this pizza today and could not believe how good the dough turned out. It is not the traditional way of making it. I folded the edges of the dough into the pizza itself, what a great idea!!. For the filling I pretty much used what I had on hand so feel free to add your own personal touch. This recipe will yield two regular pizza pies.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast, 1 package
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper, cut lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, low fat
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Place warm water, sugar and sprinkle the yeast on top of the water in the bowl. Let yeast stand for 5 minutes until it foams.
- Add oil, flour and salt. Mix and let it stand on a greased bowl up the sides covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour until at least double in size.
- Dough is now ready for use so you may use it for calzones, or regular pizza pie.
- Spread tomatoes sauce, and sprinkle with oregano. Arrange peppers, sun dried tomatoes, and olives on top of the pizza. Add mozzarella cheese and bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Enjoy.