Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from adapting a few other recipes I had tried. These are light and fluffy, but still 100% whole wheat. A great way to treat your family to yummy pancakes while slipping in some healthy ingredients without them catching on. I like to add fresh blueberries or raspberries when in season.
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups soymilk
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 cup berries (optional)
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients except berries or nuts.
- Mix lightly until combined. Do not over-mix.
- Let mixture rest 5 minutes.
- Fold in optional berries or nuts.
- Cook on a greased griddle over medium heat until golden.
- Serve with homemade syrup or jam.
I did cut this recipe in half for just the 2 of us, but otherwise followed it right on down & had a delicious breakfast treat! Even had some homemade berry syrup (mostly for my other half) while I splurged & topped 'em with a bit of white corn syrup (I know, I know, but I love the stuff)! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]