Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I just made this recipe today and it was WONDERFUL! Even my kids and husband, who arent vegan, loved these. Hope you all enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease mini muffin pan.
- Mix ground flax seed and water and set to the side.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a separate bowl, cream flax seed mixture with applesauce and sugar.
- Add in almond milk, vanilla, zucchini.
- Stir until evenly combined.
- Add wet mixture to dry flour mixture and mix well.
- Spoon into mini muffin pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Not bad for a no-fat, vegan muffin (my first vegan baked good btw!) The texture is quite moist and they're very chocolatey. They did have a distinctive "healthy" taste to them, which is ok, as I wasn't expecting a betty crocker bisquick chocolate muffin here.