Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Waffles
- 1. Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- 2. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- 3. Separate the egg yolks from the whites, reserve both.
- 4. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, sour cream, mashed sweet potato, melted butter, and egg yolks. Whisk until well combined.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites at a high speed for about two minutes. Stiff peaks should form when you lift the beaters. Set aside.
- 6. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined, but do not over mix. The batter should be nearly smooth.
- 7. Fold in the beaten egg whites. If adding pecans, fold them in now.
- 8. The batter is now ready for the waffle iron.