I found this recipe on the Whole Grain Gourmet website - delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sweet potato, mashed baked
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- 11. Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- 22. Combine all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- 33. Separate the egg yolks from the whites, reserve both.
- 44. In a medium bowl, combine the milk, sour cream, mashed sweet potato, melted butter, and egg yolks. Whisk until well combined.
- 55. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites at a high speed for about two minutes. Stiff peaks should form when you lift the beaters. Set aside.
- 66. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Whisk until well combined, but do not over mix. The batter should be nearly smooth.
- 77. Fold in the beaten egg whites. If adding pecans, fold them in now.
- 88. The batter is now ready for the waffle iron.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Waffles
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 210.3 mg
- Sodium 328.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
aluminum free baking powder