1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
Finneus Fudge's Note:
In the quest for healthy breakfast muffins that my fast food loving husband will eat, I adapted this recipe and really liked it. The muffins are really moist, not too sweet, and have the added benefit of whole wheat and fresh sweet potato. Update: I made this with shredded carrots, substituted apple sauce for the oil, and added dried fruit bits and it worked equally as well. Update 2: topped these with a combo of pecans, raw sugar, and dark chocolate... yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded raw sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Put papers in large muffin pan for 12 muffins.
- 3Whisk together 1st seven ingredients in a bowl.
- 4Mix together the flours, baking powder, spices, salt, and sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- 5Stir in the wet ingredients, gently mixing until the flour is absorbed. This will be a very thick batter.
- 6Drop the batter into the muffin papers using a cookie scoop. They should be full. Sprinkle tops with chopped pecans.
- 7Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove muffins and cool on rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.0 mg
- Sodium 196.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-fat vanilla yogurt