Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
- Spray a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line the cups with paper liners. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- In food processor, blend eggs, potato, and sugar. (Or by hand: beat eggs and mash potatoes before blending.) Add milk, oil, wheat germ, molasses, and spices; process or beat until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Mix just enough to blend. Stir in raisins.
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. As soon as muffins are in the oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake in the top third of the oven for 25 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top and dry inside.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.