1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
I like using Japanese sweet potatoes, which are creamy and have a chestnut-like flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup prepared egg substitute
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked and peeled (about 1 cup mashed)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk (may be low-fat)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Spray a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray or line the cups with paper liners. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- 3In food processor, blend eggs, potato, and sugar. (Or by hand: beat eggs and mash potatoes before blending.) Add milk, oil, wheat germ, molasses, and spices; process or beat until smooth.
- 4Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Mix just enough to blend. Stir in raisins.
- 5Divide the batter between muffin cups. As soon as muffins are in the oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake in the top third of the oven for 25 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top and dry inside.
- 6Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Sweet Potato Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.1 mg
- Sodium 218.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g