Recipe by Megannnnnnnn
modified carrot sweet potato recipe
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Not quiet sure how these would turn out, I did cut the recipe in half, but after tasting one fresh from the oven, I wished I'd made the whole batch ~ With two of the vegetables that I particularly enjoy, these muffins were really, really delicious, & I look forward to making 'em again! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrot.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients into another bowl and stir well.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400º for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove from pans immediately, and cool on a wire rack.