Recipe by Lisa Drew
This recipe was originally given to me by my father-inlaw. I have altered it a bit and added the seeds.
Top Review by jenontheroad
I have tried so many healthy whole wheat breads, but this is the only one that my family really loves. Like all fresh bread, it's best while still warm, but this loaf stays moist until it is gone (about 48 hours). It's my go to recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 3 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed, ground them if you want
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons honey, adjust to your likeness
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast