Recipe by CassiaDawn
I wanted a fairly low calorie muffin for breakfast, so I threw this together. It works out to about 117 calories per muffin. You can use any jam for the filling, but if you're counting calories, remember to adjust the total! (the Kraft light double raspberry jam I used is 62 calories for the 6 tsp used)
Top Review by rainbow.rubatino
I though they were pretty good. The batter was so thick that it was hard to actually get the jam all covered and it came out the sides of all the muffins and made them pretty sticky and messy... but still good if you consider them a dessert:)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 6 teaspoons light raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix canola oil, skim milk, and egg until smooth.
- Add dry mix to wet mix, stirring until just moistened.
- Fold chopped strawberries into batter.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, and fill each muffin cup 1/2 full with batter.
- Put 1/2 a tsp of raspberry jam in center of each muffin cup, and top with more batter until cups are just over 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 24 minutes.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.