I wanted a fairly low calorie muffin for breakfast, so I threw this together. It works out to about 117 calories per muffin. You can use any jam for the filling, but if you're counting calories, remember to adjust the total! (the Kraft light double raspberry jam I used is 62 calories for the 6 tsp used)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix canola oil, skim milk, and egg until smooth.
- 4Add dry mix to wet mix, stirring until just moistened.
- 5Fold chopped strawberries into batter.
- 6Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, and fill each muffin cup 1/2 full with batter.
- 7Put 1/2 a tsp of raspberry jam in center of each muffin cup, and top with more batter until cups are just over 3/4 full.
- 8Bake at 375°F for 20 to 24 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins With Raspberry Filling
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 203.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light raspberry jam