Recipe by Kozmic Blues
Another fun pasta dish to use all of the wonderful imported Italian tuna my girlfriend's father gave us! I saw this recipe made on Sarah Moulton's cooking show
Top Review by FearlessFly
Healthy & Delicious! and simple to prepare. I did have to make a few substitions w items in my fridge but it turned out very yum. I subbed green pepper for red ... asparagus instead of celery.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained, rinsed, and flaked
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water on to boil.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the red pepper, celery, and garlic and cook for 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the white beans and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and simmer, for 5 minutes.
- Add the hot pepper flakes and tuna, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and simmer until heated through.
- Keep warm while you cook the pasta according to apckage directions.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a bowl.
- Toss with the sauce.