Recipe by MechanicalJen
Not a big fan of cauliflower, personally - but I love love love this dish. After a few days of leftovers, I'm generally less than enthusiastic about meal time. I look foward to every opportunity to eat this. Healthy, chock-ful of texture, and tasty! Taken from Best Loved Whole Grain Recipes.
Top Review by Syrinx
Very good. I realised too late that I didn't have any wholemeal spaghetti, so I opted for brown rice instead - and it was great! Tasty, simple and well worth making, And I've got leftovers for tomorrow! :-)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 6 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet. Saute onion until tender. Add garlic and cook another two minutes. Add cauliflower, cook and stir for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add wine.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water.
- Add tomatoes, walnuts, reserved pasta water and red pepper to skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Toss spaghetti with veggie sauce and top with feta.