Recipe by NannyMarvel
This recipe comes from a book about "Super Foods" - the foods that are really good for you and full of anti-oxidents. Not only is this dish really good for you - it is also really good!
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained and sliced
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 cups whole wheat spaghetti, cooked (Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water)
- 1 (25 ounce) jarorganic pasta sauce with mushrooms (or any type of sauce you like)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- parmesan cheese, to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti to desired tenderness and drain. Do not rinse. The starch left on the spaghetti helps hold the sauce.
- Heat oil in a large pan or pot over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and stir for about 30 seconds. Don't let garlic burn. Add tomatoes and broccoli. Saute for 1 minute. Add the pasta water, cover and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in cooked pasta. Add sauce and capers. Toss to coat evenly. Cook 2 - 4 minutes longer. Garnish with Parmesan.