1/2 Photos of Whole Wheat Sour Cream Cornbread
A Messy Cook's Note:
I found this recipe on the blog "Ponderings from Picket Fence Cottage" as part of a post on whole foods. It has a really unique flavor, not too "corny" and with a slight tang from the sour cream. The texture is excellent, tender yet firm. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour and cornmeal together; add soda, cream of tartar, and salt.
- 2Whisk together egg, sour cream, milk, and oil (or melted butter) in separate bowl.
- 3Add wet to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- 4Pour into greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Sour Cream Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 428.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g