Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Healthier version of the classic sour cream coffee cake. Delicious!
Make and share this Whole Wheat Sour Cream Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (or walnuts)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- Mix all filling ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed for about 3 minutes.
- Beat in sour cream and flour mixture alternately on low speed.
- Spread half of the batter in greased pan; sprinkle the filling and top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool before remove from the pan.
Not very good, dry and the taste was just blah. No one would eat it although I did have a piece with coffee but threw the rest away.
This was so good! I was afraid I was not going to get a piece tonight. I took it to the dinner theater at school tonight for the musical. Bye, Bye Birdie, the kids did good. Back to the cake. When I put the batter in the pan I made a well so I could spoon the pecan mixture into. The put the rest of the batter on the top. It is a heavier. It sure taste good with cool whip on top. A bite of cake some pecan mixture and cool whip equals YUMM!! With my oven I'll need to check for doneness at 50 minutes next time I make this. I'm glad I found Glaucia in the Orphanage of the *PAC Fall 2007* game.
Very yummy bread...and you can't tell that it has less butter than the original coffee cake recipe. Thank you for sharing, GlÃ¡ucia! ;)