1/1 Photo of Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
This recipe is from the premier issue of Taste of Home. When I first tried these I had only used whole wheat flour in breads. This is now my most requested cookie recipe. They are without a doubt my kids' favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, plus
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- 2Add egg and egg white and beat until well mixed.
- 3Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- 4Beat well (dough will be stiff).
- 5Combine topping ingredients.
- 6Shape dough into balls slightly larger than 1" and roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- 7Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 8Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes.
- 9Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 54.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g