Recipe by Goofus
This recipe is from the premier issue of Taste of Home. When I first tried these I had only used whole wheat flour in breads. This is now my most requested cookie recipe. They are without a doubt my kids' favorite.
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Mine cracked on the top and puffed but did not flatten. My 2 and 4yr olds both asked for more. I can taste the whole wheat in them but it's not overwhelming. Very tasty and the boys had a great time helping making them! Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 large egg, plus
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add egg and egg white and beat until well mixed.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Beat well (dough will be stiff).
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Shape dough into balls slightly larger than 1" and roll in cinnamon-sugar.
- Place 2" apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes.
- Cookies will puff up and flatten as they bake.